A free webinar on the social enterprise sector and trustee / board member recruitment.
About this event
Are you interested in supporting your local social enterprises? Have you considered utilising your skills, knowledge and experience on a board of trustees?
CEMVO Scotland is committed to increasing the ethnic diversity of social enterprise boards, and are looking for individuals from ethnic minority (EM) communities across Scotland who are interested in learning more about social enterprises, trustee positions, and taking on board member roles.
This free Get On Board webinar offers an introduction to the social enterprise sector as well as advice on how best to apply for a position on a board of trustees.
At this online event Martin Avila, Chief Executive at Community Enterprise in Scotland, will provide an overview of the social enterprise sector, the role of a trustee / board member, and trustee recruitment, followed by a Q&A.
Attendees will leave with:
– A keen understanding of the roles and responsibilities of a trustee, and the crucial role they play in social enterprises.
– How trustees are recruited and selected.
– Advice on what makes a strong trustee application.
– Insight into the broader benefits of becoming a trustee.
– Information from CEiS about upcoming board vacancies in the sector.
To attend this session register for a ticket on Eventbrite. For more information about the session or our work please don’t hesitate to get in touch.