Climate Leadership residential, The Ethnic Minority Environmental Network (EM Environmental Network)
is a collective of organisations and individuals willing to engage in mainstream environmental decision-making in Scotland, representing the voice of the EM sector. CEMVO Scotland supports the building of the Network’s capacity and leadership in order to successfully engage with discussions and developments concerning a sustainable future and in this way promoting more inclusive policy processes.
The Network’s aims to:
• ENABLE ethnic minority communities and individuals to come together to discuss and raise awareness of climate change issues
• Develop a collective VISION of a low carbon society
• Develop a collective and coherent EM VOICE on climate change and climate justice issues
• Engage in DIALOGUE with relevant decision makers on local and strategic level
• Increase the PARTICIPATION of EM individuals and organisations in relevant consultations, events and campaigns
• BUILD leadership
In 2015 we have engaged on:
• Sustainable Development Goals
• The Road to Paris (UN Climate Change negotiations COP21) events/consultations
• Fairer Scotland consultations
We welcome EM community groups, organisations & individuals who have a desire to make a difference to join us in taking forward our work programme. Associate membership for other types of organisations is also available. Please get in touch to discuss this opportunity. Membership is free. Responsibilities involve attending quarterly Network meetings, stakeholder engagement events, participating in relevant consultations and training events.
Benefits of Membership:
• Be part of an EM voice on environmental issues
• Network with other organisations, groups and individuals
• Access training and self-development opportunities
• Participate in activities and high profile events
Work with us:
If you are interested in involving the Ethnic Minority Environmental Network in an area of your work, please get in touch. The Network is concerned with low-carbon and sustainability developments on the local and strategic levels.
For further information or enquiries please get in touch with Kristina Nitsolova, the EM Environmental Network Development Officer, email@example.com/ 07432 602 008
The EM Environmental Network is supported by the Joseph Rowntree Charitable Trust.