Black Leadership Network
The Black Leadership Network (BLN) was set up by the Council for Ethnic Minority Voluntary Sector Organisations (CEMVO) and the Glasgow Anti Racist Alliance (GARA) in January 2006. This project is funded by the Scottish Government.
What are the aims of the Network?
- To develop a collective leadership amongst black managers to address and promote the importance of the race equality agenda in Scotland
- To promote the effective delivery and implementation of race equality in Scotland
- To have a collective voice on any issues that affect the lives of ethnic minority people in Scotland
- To create a unified and coordinated approach to challenging inequalities in race and promote and effectively deliver and implement race equality in various sectors in Scotland
- To create a supportive and strong network that will seek to influence the integration of race equality in social, political and economic policy in decision making
How will we achieve these aims?
- By developing and strengthening the professional and personal capacity of Black mangers
- By helping black managers to meet the challenges of management and leadership responsibilities
- By encouraging better communication and collaborative working between the different organisations within the network and outside
- By facilitating the debate and dialogue and engagement between Black mangers from the voluntary sector and public sector
- By providing a platform to share and disseminate information and good practice as well as sharing experience and expertise knowledge and resources
Who is the Network for?
- Black managers working in the ethnic minority voluntary sector, mainstream voluntary sector or the public sector whose responsibility and remit involves race equality work at a strategic level
When and where does the Network meet?
- The network meetings take place in different parts of Scotland four times a year
- All members are notified in advance about the meetings
What does the network offer?
- Networking with other Black Managers
- Regular briefings and events
- Information sharing and knowledge transfer
- Peer support
- Collaborative working
- Free training and coaching in management and leadership
- Personal and leadership development
- Broader knowledge on leadership opportunities
How much does it cost?
Membership is FREE to all black managers who fulfil the above criteria.
How is it funded?
The BLN is funded by the Scottish Government
For further information, please call the Coalition of Race Equality and Rights (CRER) 78 Carlton Place Glasgow, G5 9TH, Telephone: (0141) 418 6530